Registration and Cost
All registration is online at nwnightmares.com starting on August 14th, 2017.
Team leaders are required to be at least 13 years old. Younger people may be members of teams, but may not be the team leader.
Registration is $25 per team. Registrations will not be accepted after October 23rd, 2017. All registration fees must be paid in full by October 23rd, 2017. There will be absolutely no refunds on entry fees. Additional costs associated with the production of the film are solely the responsibility of the entrant.
All entries must have a title sequence, no longer than 1 minute 30 seconds showing the film title, the team name, and location. This will not be included as part of the allotted time for the film.
Films must be between 5 minutes to 15 minutes. Excluding the title or credits.
Films are recommended to generally conform to a MPAA PG-13 rating or lower.
Films submissions are required to have been produced within past 365 days for Northwest Nightmares.
Student Trailer Submissions – Only full length (5-15 min.) short films with a complete narrative are eligible to win prizes and are encouraged. Student “Trailer-style shorts” must be under 5 minutes and are for bonus bragging rights only!
Submitting Your Film
Films submitted for judging can be uploaded to YouTube or Vimeo with a private link. Email the link to firstname.lastname@example.org by October 23rd, 2017. No films should be released to the public until after the film premiere. Films can also be hand delivered.
All films must also be submitted in one of the following formats no later than October 23rd, 2017: Data DVD or flash drive in either an SD 720×480 (Standard Definition).mov file; or a 1920×1080 HD (High Definition).mov file.
Releases must be completed and handed in with your film on or before October 23rd, 2017.
Films must be mailed in or hand delivered to:
Northwest Access TV, 4 Hospital Dr., St. Albans VT 05478.
No entries will be returned.
A panel of judges will review and score films in multiple categories, including (but not limited to): editing, acting, effects, story, sound design, cinematography, and fear factor. The film with the highest overall combined score will receive the coveted “Best Picture” award.
By submitting an entry in Northwest Nightmares, the entrant:
- Warrants and represents that they own all rights to the entry.
- Has obtained all releases for all elements of the entry.
- Bears all claims and/or damages resulting from the entry.
- Understands and agrees that the organizers of the festival are in no way responsible for any claims resulting from the entry, now or in the future.
- Gives Northwest Access TV and Northwest Nightmares permission to publicly broadcast and screen the submissions at will.
- All music and images used in the film must be original or royalty free content.
Limitations of liability and release:
- No responsibility or liability is assumed by the organizers of the festival resulting from any users participation in or attempt to participate in the festival.
- While we strive to keep our website clean and free of any bugs or viruses we accept no responsibility if our safety measures fail and any entrant has damages to his/her electronic devices of any kind.
- The organizers reserve the right to withhold films from the Premiere Screening that contain graphic content. Films withheld will remain eligible for awards and prizes. Further, we are not responsible for any physical harm that may occur in the course of any entrant attempting to or entering this festival.